Star Wars Hitchhikers Guide - Expanded Universe

.....A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away......
If you've never journied past the Trilogy or Prequelogy, here is your guide to the Star Wars Expanded Universe. Embracing the Dark Side or Living By The Jedi Code, the Expanded Universe has tales for the Jedi and Sith in every one. And truely learn the Skywalker history, this is my interpretation of the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Darth Maul Saboteur - E Book -




On the distant planet Dorvalla, precious ore is mined by two competing companies: InterGalactic Ore and Lommite Limited. Neither rival suspects that they are central to a sinister plot masterminded by Darth Sidious, Lord of the Sith, himself.

Dispatched by Sidious on his very first solo mission, Darth Maul infiltrates Lommite Limited. There, his unique gifts of deception and subterfuge will set off an explosive chain of events that could destroy both companies, leaving them ripe for takeover by the Trade Federation. But a vengeful Lommite Limited Manager with his own thirst for retaliation against InterGal could blow Maul's cover — and all of Sidious's fiendishly laid plans…

-----------------------------------
After I had first listened to the Audio book Shadow Hunter, I was super excited for purchasing Shadow Hunter and reading it again for this bonus E Book included in the mass market paperback.  I figured this would get more into the awesome character that was Darth Maul.  I was grossly disappointed.  Although this book was not terrible, it was short and left much more to be desired.  

James Luceno, awesome author of Cloak of Deception and Rise are the Dark Lord, wrote this 54 page novel which should have been included with Cloak of Deception.  This entire book took place before all the events on Dorvalla, and really set the stage for what would happen at Dorvalla.  This E book was mostly a trade dispute between two Ore companies, with Maul playing the saboteur of each company for the greater good of the Trade Federation, which leads to the beginning of the Cloak of Deception novel.  

This would not be a bad introduction to Cloak of Deception and should have been the included in that novel.  Not completely terrible, but bad placement to read with Shadow Hunter.  Fatal Alliance releases this week, prepare for some awesome Sith madness.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"

Star Wars Hitchhiker

No comments:

Post a Comment