Star Wars Hitchhikers Guide - Expanded Universe

.....A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away......
If you've never journied past the Trilogy or Prequelogy, here is your guide to the Star Wars Expanded Universe. Embracing the Dark Side or Living By The Jedi Code, the Expanded Universe has tales for the Jedi and Sith in every one. And truely learn the Skywalker history, this is my interpretation of the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Return of the Jedi - Radio Drama NPR Novel

A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far Far Away....there came a time of revolution. When rebels united to challenge a tyrannical empire. Since its defeat in at Hoth and elsewhere, the rebel alliance has rallied to press the empire hard. Interstellar war hangs in the balance and all combatance feel that final decisive battle draws near.
The Return Of The Jedi Radio Drama and NPR novelization has taken the place in my heart above the actual movie itself. The late Brian Daley produced this classic after the movie's were made and truly captured the essence of the film and made each part more personal. Darth Vader's end is so much more meaningful in this version compared to the movie. Daley captures the true father and son bond that can never be broken, and earns his place as one of the greatest Jedi's with is defeat of the evil emperor.

This version features a great addition of the construction of Luke's light saber in Obi-Wan's old home, C-3PO's confrontation with Mara Jade in Jabba's palace, and a great verbal assault between Han and Boba Fett. 6 Total Episodes on audio running approximately 30 minutes each, strongly recommend picking up.

I don't want to spoil to much but I thought I would reveal my favorite parts of this breathtaking Expanded Universe story. This is only a peak at what there is hidden in this story.

Luke is being tortured by Palpatine's lightning:

Vader: (Shouting) My Son!!!!!!

Palpatine: Vader! Release me! Vader! I command you. Put me down.

Vader: I will. Down the Core Shaft. Down to your death.

Palpatine: Vader! I am your master!

Vader: Darth Vaders master, but not Anakin Skywalker!

(Presumes to throw Palpatine to his death)


Vader's Last Breath:

Vader: I'm proud that you've grown into the man....I.....once....wanted to be......


Burning of Vader's Armor

(Trickling of fire)

C-3P0: Ugh, pardon me Master Luke, but the ewoks victory celebration will be starting momentarily.

Luke: I'll be right along C-3P0

C-3P0: But first your going to light lord Vader's.....that is your father’s funeral pyre sir.

Luke: What could be more fitting? It’s a night of lights, Ewok victory fires, rebel fireworks, even the last pieces of the Death Star burning up in the atmosphere.

C-3P0: Put that way master Luke, it does sound appropriate.

Luke: I burn his armor and with it the name of Darth Vader. May the name of Anakin Skywalker ba a light that guides the Jedi for generations to come......Rest well father, the force is with you.......


Finale.......my favorite and made the story

C-3P0: pardon me Master Luke, but may I ask why you are staring into the darkness? What are you looking at?

Luke: Not What C-3P0, Who. Don't you see them. Three comrades in arms. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Master Yoda and Anakin Skywalker.

C-3P0: My photoreceptors must be malfunctioning sir, I don't see anything.

Luke: But they're here. There fire is back in the universe. Let it burn. High and bright. To be seen by friend and foe. The Jedi, have returned.

Star Wars Hitchhiker

No comments:

Post a Comment